By Chiropractor Tom Greenway
The prospect of having your neck ‘clicked’ or ‘cracked’ when your neck is already painful is not exactly enticing.
Yet everyday thousands of people, worldwide are having it done.
Why does you neck crack at the Chiropractor?
The cracking, clicking or popping noise is caused when the facet joints in the spine are opened up in the course of the manipulation.
The process is just as it is when your knuckles or your knees click. It is not painful and afterwards the joints in the spine may move more freely giving a combination of pain relief and better mobility.
Like any procedures there are risks and the treatment is not suitable for everyone.
However, for large numbers of people many find the process of having their neck clicked comfortable and they really appreciate the benefits they gain from having it done.
Why consider Chiropractic treatment?
Chiropractic care is recommended when your back or joints feel locked, stiff, and sore or maybe you haven’t responded to other treatments.
At your first appointment a thorough consultation will work out why you are in pain or lacking mobility. Your chiropractor will then use gentle, specific manipulation techniques to help restore normal body movement.
At the Waldegrave Clinic all our chiropractors are registered with the General Chiropractic Council having achieved a Masters degree or equivalent in chiropractic.
Should you have any concerns about joint pain you are feeling or lack of mobility then please call reception 020 8943 2424 to arrange an appointment with one of the Waldegrave Clinic Chiropractic team.
Read more about Chiropractic care
- A question patients will often ask when enquiring at the clinic is 'how many chiropractic treatments are needed'? Whilst this is subjective to each patient, in this post we explain…
- I chose to become a chiropractor because... ...I had wanted to be involved in healthcare since I was 9 years old and my family suggested chiropractic. What has surprised me most about…
- By Nick Loftus, Chiropractor Our clinic's new patient survey has revealed that 38% of new patients visit their doctor first when suffering from back pain. Obviously, it’s a natural choice to see your doctor…
- By chiropractor Tom Greenway Driving can be stressful! But in particular when enduring a long journey, there is nothing worse than when you start to feel uncomfortable and have a…
- By Chiropractor Matthew Clifton Hadley One of the main questions that I get asked by patients is if chiropractic care would be appropriate for an elderly relative or friend. With chiropractic…