Massage – is it a ‘nice to have’, a special treat to look forward to? Or is it something that should be equally placed as a necessity alongside exercise and a good diet?
The reality of daily life for many of us is that we rarely have time to stop. There is always something to do, to think about, to plan for or to arrange.
As a consequence, stress levels can build up.
And without regular release we can find ourselves getting more tired, agitated and less in control of our emotions. Our mind never switches off. Our physical health can start to be affected as the body reacts to tension. Sound familiar?
Simply put, we can get run down and more susceptible to illness, injury – or just feeling fed up with everything.
How massage can help your lifestyle
Massage as part of your regular lifestyle can help you to relax more easily and better manage stress levels. It doesn’t have to take up much of your time.
Just 45 minutes a month can help to quieten the mind, and put you at ease.
- Improve sleep
- Foster peace of mind
- Encourage mental alertness
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Calm the nervous system
- Eases muscle tension and discomfort
- Improve skin tone
Why is a massage important for the body -and mind?
Massage, as with diet and exercise promotes radiant health. We may not always want to exercise or have a fruit salad instead of a tiramisu but massage is the one activity we can truly enjoy that we know benefits our health.
When we get into a better state of health we work at full function and therefore carry out our day to day tasks with more ease giving us more time and a better appreciation when doing things that are truly fulfilling to us. See therapeutic massage
When is the best time to have a massage?
After a massage be prepared to feel very relaxed so try to choose a time where you don’t have to immediately rush off to do the next thing afterwards.
What type of massage do you need?
A skilled massage therapist will discuss with you how you are feeling, any areas of tension and what you want to achieve from the massage. They will then work out the best massage technique for you. All you have to do is relax and let them work their magic, to help you feel healthier.
Massage Offer valid until 31 March 2018
To enquire about therapeutic massage please call the Waldegrave Clinic 020 8943 2424.
Just mention Massage Offer when booking to save £10 against a 60 minute massage.
We are open 8am – 7.30pm during the week and 8am – 1.30pm on Saturdays.
- Pregnancy has a big impact on your body as there are a lot of changes that take place. Some of these are welcome and exciting, some of them are uncomfortable…
- It’s always tempting when the better weather arrives to get working on the garden and do too much at once! But when your muscles are not used to what you…
- UPDATE 4th January 2021 We are open The Waldegrave Clinic are classified as medical services. We therefore remain open (except for massage and Pilates) and look forward to welcoming you…