Pilates classes are held at the Waldegrave Clinic in Teddington – for a maximum of 6 people.
One-on-one sessions are also held for people with specific back problems.
The classes are held by our Pilates Instructor Jacqueline Ball
What is Pilates?
Pilates is an exercised based program that helps strengthen the deep abdominal muscles around the spine. Research suggests that by strengthening these muscles it helps to reduce the incidence and severity of low back pain.
Pilates classes at our Teddington clinic are bespoke – tailored to the needs of patients that have joint or muscular problems, or who suffer with back pain.
Depending on previous experience, attendees may be asked to do an initial one hour 1:1 assessment session before you join the class, to ensure that you get the most out of each session and are strengthening the correct muscles.
6 pilates classes run per week with up to 6 people in a class.
Weekly Pilates Classes:
Monday 12.30 -13.30
Tuesday 20.15- 21.15
Wednesday 7.30am – 8.30am
£84 for the 6 week term – payment must be made in full before term commences.
Pre-assessment 1:1 session if required £60
One-on-One Pilates for back pain sufferers
At the Waldegrave Clinic we provide bespoke one-on-one Pilates for reformer, mat or both. We also use the Spinal Corrector and Wunda Chair.
Our Pilates instructor will work in collaboration with your chiropractor or physiotherapist to ensure exercises are tailored – so that they are appropriate to you and your particular pain problem.
To enquire about one-on-one Pilates please call reception 020 8943 2424
T&C’s for group classes
- Minimum 3 people for a course to go ahead. We will contact 24hrs before hand if the chosen class is not going ahead and give a full refund if we cannot accommodate you in another class.
- No refunds for missed classes unless you have a medical note.
- New attendees must have a one to one first – please book at the clinic reception.
- By Dearbhla Gallagher - Waldegrave Clinic Rehabilitation Therapist Think about your day. How many hours are spent at a computer, scanning your phone, texting or driving? Many hours will be…
- By Chiropractor Nick Loftus Just today, I had a female patient who has said she’d rather give birth again than have another episode of sciatica (leg pain often associated with…
- Our home and garden are places to relax and enjoy. Unfortunately at this time of the year, they can also result in unexpected back pain! The change in weather sees…
- By Nick Loftus, Chiropractor Our clinic's new patient survey has revealed that 38% of new patients visit their doctor first when suffering from back pain. Obviously, it’s a natural choice to see your doctor…