The position will suit an experienced Rehabilitation Therapist – or an enthusiastic Graduate – with experience at providing private 1-1 sessions or group exercise classes for patients with back pain, sports injuries or post-operative conditions.
A respect for working in a multi-disciplinary environment along with personable people skills are essential.
We currently have a practice of 16 practitioners that include chiropractors, physiotherapists, rehabilitation therapists and complementary therapists. We are a vibrant and friendly team that work well together.
The clinic has been awarded the Patient Partnership Quality Mark in recognition of our superb clinical standards. Our high level of expertise is matched with an excellent range of facilities including state of the art digital X-ray, Shockwave, rehabilitation gym and pilates studio.
Recognised as a Clinic of Excellence, the Waldegrave Clinic’s reputation for the treatment of sports injuries has seen our practitioners work with elite level athletes including placements at London 2012, Chelsea Football Club, QPR and London Irish Rugby.
Richmond borough has a highly active sporting community with cyclists, runners, rowers and team sports, so our patient list is always busy with many local people keen to lead a fit and active life.
It is our multi-disciplinary approach and how patients can access the appropriate care under one roof that sets us apart. We work together to help patients to achieve long term pain management and recovery – to help their body perform to optimum efficiency.
As a Rehabilitation Therapist you (along with our physiotherapy and chiropractic team) will be an essential part of the patient’s pathway from diagnosis, to pain management and recovery – through the practice of designing and implementing an appropriate exercise and rehabilitation programme.
Ideally you will:
- Be a graduate member of a relevant clinic profession with a current professional registration e.g. BASRAT, Society of Sports Therapists, HCPC
- Have experience of working independently to develop rehabilitation exercises programs for patients with a range of conditions including acute/chronic low back or neck pain, post-operative conditions, joint injuries, muscular strains and sports injuries
- Advocate a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment and recovery
- Have good organisation skills to take and maintain adequate records on patient progress
- Be able to offer Pilates classes (training can be subsidised for the right candidate)
- Be motivated to build and develop a strong patient list
- Enjoy being a team player
This is a self employed position and will be a generous commission based income. The practice is busy, seeing many recommendations from patients, GP’s and orthopaedic consultants.
Support will be given to help you build your patient list and if you are a natural team player, you should see results relatively quickly,
- Hours negotiable: Ideally, two days a week, plus two evening classes
- Location; Teddington, Middlesex, 5 mins from Teddington Station – Zone 6
- Next to main bus routes 33, R68, 281, 285
- Staff car parking
Interested? Please complete the quick form below and attach CV.
See our Sports Injuries page
- Our home and garden are places to relax and enjoy. Unfortunately at this time of the year, they can also result in unexpected back pain! The change in weather sees…
- Dearbhla Gallagher discusses her role as a Rehabilitation Therapist at the Waldegrave Clinic in Teddington. As a rehabilitation therapist I have studied for a 4 year honours degree in Athletic…
- By Dearbhla Gallagher - Waldegrave Clinic Rehabilitation Therapist Think about your day. How many hours are spent at a computer, scanning your phone, texting or driving? Many hours will be…
- By Chiropractor Nick Loftus 'I was fine and then all of a sudden I couldn't move without pain - what did I do'? This kind of comment is all too familiar…
- Mention the word sciatica and the most likely response from anyone who has suffered it will be ‘horrible’! And it is horrible. So what exactly is sciatica? The sciatic nerve…